Unlocking innovation with local government
Starting with the City of Sydney, we will partner with local governments to develop
- Skills – collaborating with educational institutes to harness an effective skills pipeline
- Spaces – both digital and physical
- Technology – to support a smarter, more connected NSW
- Events – facilitate and attract global events
- Markets – opening up opportunities for innovative businesses
Sydney CBD has a significant concentration of innovative firms and is a global competitor for the attraction and retention of entrepreneurs. A new International Visiting Entrepreneur’s Program is the first initiative under the partnership.
Jobs for NSW startups program
Jobs for NSW will help the startups of today flourish into the gazelles of tomorrow. It sets aside $10 million to grow the state’s network of incubators and accelerators, and $3 million in 2016-17 for direct grants to startups.