Innovation NSW is a team in the newly formed NSW Department of Customer Service. Partnering with agencies, we implement programs that showcase innovation in government to improve customer outcomes for the people of New South Wales and build capability across sectors. We also provide advice to innovators in the community on how to engage with government.
Innovation NSW is a multidisciplinary team with specialist skills in facilitation, engagement, acceleration, service design, policy and delivery. Since 2016 we have been modelling new ways of working through new partnerships between government, the private sector, NGOs, universities and research institutions.
We work with our partners to:
- guide and support new solutions to complex government programs
- research, develop and test new concepts
- connect innovators across sectors
Our suite of services includes:
- Innovation Launch – an acceleration program to create and test novel solutions to complex government problems through partnerships with private, research, NGO and university sectors.
- Pitch to Pilot – an innovative procurement pathway for emerging technology. Offering the opportunity for innovators to pitch directly to NSW Government and secure a pilot.
- Government Advisory Services - advisory and consulting services to assist agencies to design and deliver innovation programs.
- CX & Digital lightning sessions - These include individual presentations, panel discussions, roundtables and focused CX and digital sessions to enable capability uplift and shared learnings across government.
- Future Economy Series – exploring the latest industry trends and emerging technologies a series that connects entrepreneurs, industry professionals, investors and innovators across the startup, business and public sector.This is also an opportunity for the Ministers Office to meet and engage with the innovation ecosystem.
- Customer Experience (CX) Pipeline - an online engagement platform showcasing digital transformation opportunities across the sector. The engagement platform also surfaces and connects project owners seeking to solve similar or complementary digital CX problems.
- Workshop facilities and co-working space – located at the Sydney Startup Hub enables public sector innovators to step away from BAU and immerse themselves in delivery.
- NSW Innovation Concierge (NIC) service - an advisory service for companies seeking connections, funding, government as a customer or assistance with navigating the complexities of the NSW regulatory environment.
- NSW Innovation Observatory (NIO) – a self-service platform that allows startup professionals to access the relevant information they need to develop and grow their start-up from ideation to expansion. Currently in MVP and undergoing user testing.
We work with and complement other central government teams including the Behavioural Insights team, Data Analytics Centre, Customer Service Commission, Policy Lab and digital.NSW Accelerator Lab.